Wednesday, October 10, 2012

a constant reminder.

over the past few of days i have seen the same Bible verse pop up on facebook, my instagram and on twitter that keeps catching my attention.

Matthew 11:28-30 (NCV): "Come to Me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Accept My teachings and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives. The burden that I ask you to accept is easy; the load I give you to carry is light."

this verse is so easy to overlook because in the back of our minds, we know that God is with us and is our comfort and strength. that knowledge comes as second nature to a Christian which often leads us to forget that the ALMIGHTY GOD of the UNIVERSE has the power to give us REST and remove our burdens. just soak that in for a minute. #boom.

i know i am not the only one when i say that the first semester of college has been difficult due to adjusting to a new routine, managing my time with schoolwork and social events, being away from family, friends and my boyfriend and having to be separated from all that is familiar. it's been too easy to get caught up in the newness and excitement and constant "go go go" of college life, and now that i've been here for almost 2 months, the excitement of it all has worn off and i, as well as the large majority of my friends, are now feeling overwhelmed and want to go back to what we know.

a good friend of mine reminded me the other day that we don't know that the Lord's will is for our lives, but all we know is that the Lord desires us to be sanctified with him and that we need to put ourselves in situations where that is happening. perhaps He is calling us to be uncomfortable so that we learn to to solely depend on Him, or perhaps after a period of time He will call us to a different location. but at the same time, it doesn't matter where we are: the devil is trying to pull us down and tell us otherwise. he does not want us to be encouraged and especially does not want us to be lights in this world. everything that happens is a part of His plan the Lord wills us to become more like Him every day. God is faithful and will provide as we walk on the narrow path, and all we can do is trust His bigger plan.

so that's what i'm doing. despite me being out of my comfort zone and overwhelmed, i am going to grow where i'm planted. i will rest in the fact that He already has the next four years planned out for me and i will pray that the Lord uses me for His purposes and His glory, and wherever He leads me i will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment